Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My First Shave
by Kashy Boy, guest blogger

July has been a month of many firsts. My first time turning 4 years old, and now my first shave. Dr. Meow Meow called me in to see her for an ultrasound and a follow up blood test. There is much good news to report [Skillet: Hissssssss!!!!] (but we still don't know what's wrong with me).

First, I gained half a pound since the last time! I went from 7.9 pounds to 8.4 pounds in just three weeks! That's not bad considering what I'm in for. Second, my albumin is in normal range now so it looks like whatever was leeching it out of me has been flushed out.

Now, for my shave. Dr. Meow Meow shaved my tummy (Don't I look handsome? [Skillet: No, hissss! Oh, that looks like a yummy snaHiiiiiissssssssss!!!!!]) and gave me an ultrasound. My stomach walls are thickened but nobody knows why yet. Good news is there aren't any abnormal growths.

We are trying to figure out what proteins I can handle, so Dr. Meow Meow sent me home with a can of duck and a can of *drum roll please* rabbit.

P.S. There is trouble at home, though. Ever since I got home, Skillet has been hissing at me--and meaning it. Maybe I picked up another creature's scent while I was at the vet's? I don't know. Momma wiped me down twice today but Skillet still hisses. I hope she loves me again soon because I need some loving. I've been through a lot.

5 comments:

  1. I am happy to see that you avoided the Cone of Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet I could rock a Cone of Shame. *primps*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you are seeing Dr. Meow Meow....
    Skillet has better watch out and be nice
    or the Scorpion will take away some toys..

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO!!!! hisssssssss......

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE: Skillet used to hiss at me while she was eating but, this morning at breakfast, she only hissed at me before and after we ate, not while she was eating. That's a good sign.

    ReplyDelete