Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Farming


Spring is over and summer has officially begun with the solstice. The Panic-Dogs have been busily preparing for their new hybrid creation (a baby) but before their little one arrives, the land must be tilled and the seeds planted. Soon, there will be a harvest that will bring sugar snap peas and tomatoes to the Nu Warren doorsteps. See here (every flower promises a pea pod).

Unfortunately, aphids have struck the sleepy peaceful beds of the pea pods but Farmer Panic has taken care of them. Hopefully, the pods that were slated for my stomach have not been damaged.


Additionally, strawberries, red, luscious strawberries, were also available for consumption. Just not my consumption. I dropped Cl. Panic off one day and he showed me the strawberry patch that had one red berry and several ripening berries. Did he offer me a berry? Nope. Well, I hope you enjoyed your red strawberries knowing that millions of people are starving out there with no strawberries to eat.

4 comments:

  1. NN, there is a Chinese idiom you should recall: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

    1) You are looking at tomato plants, so a sugar snap pea would be a miracle.
    2) If I give you a strawberry, you will only have a strawberry today. Until you eat it. So it's better that I keep it.

    See -- TWONNCOTY proof of Chinese idiom mastery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I see how it is. You are already exhibiting the food hoarding mentality of a parent. That's a good sign. I will not fault you for it. But don't be surprised if certain produce goes "missing" from your front porch. There's another Chinese saying: "Don't leave produce on your porch where rabbits have unfettered access." That's a Chinese saying by virtue of the fact that I am Chinese and I am saying it. HAHAHAHAHAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the farm growers: do you know dishwash deterg. can kills some of the unwelcome bugs? it is very safe too.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. you both should go to Seatle and help my sister harvest chicken eggs..........

    ReplyDelete