Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ticket to Ride

Good morning, little boys and girls!  I am here to tell you about a new and exciting routine.

I ride the train to work every first Thursday of the month.

Cl. Panic has been chaperoning.  It's really fun!  But I have to leave really early in the morning to catch the 7am train.  So, I take the train to a station that's near the office.  Then I take a city bus up to the office for $2.  The roundtrip train ticket costs $9 and the parking at the train station near home costs $3.  So, I can ride the rails for $16 each month!  (But I so far haven't had to pay full price yet because Cl. Panic has subsidized my train travel each time.)

There are many celebrities on the train.  For example, there's "The Elf," a petite lady who dons a forest green coat and matching brimmed hat each morning and can be seen walking to the train station (and sitting on the train).  I said hi to her once and she looked a little startled to be noticed!  Cl. Panic says that The Elf isn't aware of her own celebrity status.

There's also a "bike car."  This is the controversial underbelly of Cal-Train.  It is the northern most car of the train.  There, bikes are chained like slaves to the wall of the bike car.  (Just like the rowing scene in Ben Hur.)

I really enjoy the ride.  People are friendly and there is a real community spirit on the train.  Plus, Cl. Panic shares his free train tickets and free bus ride perks with me.  I actually got a free bus ride to the office this morning.  (He's an avowed refugee at heart.)

6 comments:

  1. I didn't think anything would get you up that early (including food). Good work Cl. Panic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You notice that today is not the first Thursday of the month! I was a bit surprised to see that this public transit thing is growing on Ms. Nu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed with Coach. A positive and pleasant way to start your day will lead you to a more productive work day. It is also benefit to you so that you have EXECUTE not to staying late at work............

    ReplyDelete
  4. train=no road rage=happy cl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great CI Panic and NonnyNu. You can take a nap during the train ride.
    There's not enough people being environmentally conscious. Try saving a couple of gallons of water when you shower. When letting the water run hot, instead of letting it go into the drain. By a couple of cheap buckets to store these. Then use it to flush the toilet or wash hand during the day.
    MonkeyPig

    ReplyDelete
  6. when are you going to take the ride to work again?

    ReplyDelete