Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Mr. Nonny Nu Experience

One day, I came home to discover three very comfy house shoes.  Out of the three, I chose one (pictured at right).  This is the story of how that pair of house shoes came to be my pair of house shoes.

I'd been wearing flip flops around the house but they were too noisy with the flipping and the flopping.  I thought, "Soon, it will be fall and then winter, and then what are my rabbit feet going to do but feel cold, being exposed and everything?"

So, I said to Mr. Nonny Nu, "Bobees, can you find me a pair of house shoes?"

A week later, the three pairs of shoes arrived for my selection and I chose this pair.  That is the Mr. Nonny Nu Experience.  Ask and you shall receive (three pairs for your selection).

My favorite thing about my house shoes is that there's a picture of Mr. Nonny Nu on them.

9 comments:

  1. I am disappointed, Ms. Nu. Everyone knows that true House Shoes are made with stitched soles. These are clearly rubber-soled.

    For shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cl. Panic, I tell you this as a friend. People all over the world, from Taiwan to NYC, wear house shoes. Some have stitched soles and others have rubber soles. I have worn house shoes all over the world, so I know this. You are insulting everyone and their house shoes by calling my description of house shoes wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question is what are you going to do with the OTHER TWO pairs? Kansas gets pretty cold too, ya know?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry, 3-fish! We sent them back for refunds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, it looks comfy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refunds. That sounds Thai-ish to me... :-) Wah Toh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just because other regions have bastardized or "interpreted" what may qualify as House Shoes, this does change that real House Shoes have traditionally been made with stitched soles, and continue to be manufactured with stitched soles to this very day.

    Removal of one's outdoor shoes dates to at least the Zhou Dynasty (1100 B.C.); the stitched soles of their house shoes are nearly identical to the stitched soles available on real House Shoes to this day.

    You, my dear, may have a comfortable pair of slippers, but they are no House Shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some might think that I'm lying to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best type of house shoes are the cheap type. Mine are 7 bucks from Walmart. It's all season. Just add a pair of socks during winter.
    MP

    ReplyDelete