Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Missing Kitty

This week, I've been very down.  It's the Darkest Week of the Year.  I hope that my little Sushi cat is happy playing in Pet Paradise.  It's just not the same without her.

I remember meeting her for the first time.  It was love at first sight.  I loved to bury my face in her striped coat.  She always smelled dusty.  Sushi wasn't into cleaning.  What a stinky cat!  But, she would smile all the time.  Her face was two eyes, a pink nose, and two white puffs to the left and right with whiskers sticking out.  She loved us and we loved her.

Sushi was with me through some really dark times.  She was always by my side.  Always loving me and encouraging me.  I was never alone.  I feel horrible for working so much during her last days.  I wish I had more time with her.  I hope to see her in Heaven.  Maybe we can share a cloud.  That would make me extremely happy.

Sushi's the first person I truly, deeply cared about whom I've lost.  I'd never really experienced loss before. I'm a naturally sanguine person, but in my relationships now, there's always a melancholy shadow reminding me that things never last.

Here's Sushi's tribute video again, to the music of The Beatles.  I still can't listen to Here Comes the Sun when it comes on on the radio.



Okay, I must go back into denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment