Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Hiking

by MonkeyPig, guest blogger

Hi Fellow Nuers

Happy Memorial Day 210. Remember all those who sacrifice for our Freedom.

On the subject of chicken - remember the millions of Snow White and Daisies supporting our celebrations every holiday. Hooray for steroid, antibiotics, feed lots... the ribs were great.

Went to South of Savannah this weekend. KOA (Kamp of America) is great. It allowed wannabe-outbackers like myself indulge in the "wild" with all the amenities of modernity. Its great to be surfing the net while the mosquitos are feasting on your toes and the birds are using your head as their toilet.

Woo and Bays had a good time. Skidaway island is a great place to spend the day hiking. There are millions of Fiddler crabs on the damp marshes. They are small crabs with one large claw and one small claw.













Remember that sci-fi movie about the Army ants that were invading the Texas town. Man, it gave me the goose bumps seeing millions of moving dots across the marsh.












Bays was busy going into the swamp. I was surprise to see him swim. I thought that wimp would not know how to swim. (Didn't have pic of that...next time).

Woo enjoyed some walking. But she spent the majority of the hike on her thrown.















You peasant, kneel!!!!












"Good boy..Now, bring me my bone and then off with her head after she feeds us dinner."












Evening at the camp.





























On saturday night, it was dark and I was ready to watch my DVD on the lawn chair. I heard some skuffle. Lo and behold, the Queen claimed the throne. I almost died laughing. I ended up sitting on the floor to watch my movie.




6 comments:

  1. Any of the Nuers traveling in the Augusta area have a free place to stay at my humble abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice MonkeyPig! I am happy that you do not hike alone ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really spoil them. I am glad you have a good time with them. Baysee is very photogenic he always looks good in photos, as of Woo, she acts like she is the superior over you and Bay...afterall she is the olderest even with you....They called me right after you came home said they have a great weekend with you and they said their lives will not be the same if they end up in others home.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2nd to CL. Panic's comment. I am glad MonkeyPig and the kids had a good time. Wah Toh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pictures of Woo and Bays! This is the first time I've seen Woo's stroller. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Did you catch any fiddler crabs to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice that you have such fun travel companions. did you bbq the crabs? woo looks alert, healthy and lively. fay chai

    ReplyDelete