Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Alfalfa Sprouts

Does anyone else like alfalfa sprouts?  The picture on the left is the sammich that I'm having for lunch today.  I bring the ingredients to work and then assemble the sammich at lunchtime.  It has wheat bread, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, pastrami, alfalfa sprouts, and mayo and mustard.  This sammich could not have been made without the insight and connections of Ca Loc.

First, the mayo and mustard were procured from Noah's bagels.  Whenever I get Noah's bagel dogs, I get a couple packets of mayo and mustard and keep them at the office.  That way, I always have fresh m&m on hand without having to keep large jars in the refrigerator.  Ca Loc taught me this!

Second, I remember distinctly the first time I ever had alfalfa sprouts.  I was around 8 (maybe?) and was being babysat by Ca Loc's friend's then husband, Shigero (I was friends with their daughter, Bernice).  So, Shigero was making sammiches for Bernice and me, and that was the first time I ate alfalfa sprouts.  It was love at first sight.

Thanks for the sammich, Ca Loc!

8 comments:

  1. If you like, next time add some red onion and dill pickle. i love the alfalfa sprouts yum yum. Wah Toh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alpha Alpha Sprouts are a bad version of dental floss. They get stuck in your teeth and then you are walking around with what looks like mold (green substance) on your teeth.

    P.S. They are SANDOS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coach Nelson, I'm shocked by your outburst. I am with Wah Toh on this one--alfalfa sprouts rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should also add some pepperchinnes too. so how come it is called sammich? so ba sing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is both health and good tasting. Other variation is pita pocket and alvocado or even croissant.
    3-fish

    BTW, how did you guess so ba sing is sister #4 right on?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than #4, who else would add pepperchines to an American sammich?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you forget your old friend MAGGIE.....TAM SANG MONG CAU.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous, I know that you're MonkeyPig, even though you didn't sign your post! MonkeyPig is our family's biggest Maggi Sauce fan. I think you're right. Maggi would have been very good on this sammich!

    ReplyDelete