Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My New Roommate
by Sushi, guest blogger

Hello, everybody!

Sushi here with an update on Pet Paradise.

I was assigned a new roommate early this morning.  Her name is "Woo."  It turns out that we have mutual friends and are, in fact, related.  I had never met Woo before so I was so surprised to know that she is my cousin on my mom's side.

Yesterday, Management installed a bunk bed in my room and told me I was going to get a roommate.  When Woo arrived in the wee hours of the morning, she came bounding into the apartment and gave me a great big hug.  Woo is a fun gal!  And, very thoughtful (she said she'd take the top bunk since I like to be cozy and "enclosed" on the bottom bunk).  [Interesting trivia:  When mom and Auntie MonkeyPig were growing up, they also shared a bunk bed with Auntie MonkeyPig on the top bunk and mom on the bottom bunk.]

As we got to talking, I was very surprised to learn that Woo used to have arthritis because she had jumped up to the top bunk with no problem.  She told me how her very loving momma would take her all over the country in a stroller and take her on nature walks.  I think Woo is the most well-travelled doggie among my acquaintances here in Pet Paradise.  We talked until the sun came up and she told me about seeing Yosemite and many different national parks.  She also described extensively the lovely roads her mom drove on with Woo and her brother, Baysee, sitting comfortably in the back seat, humming tunes and taking in the scenery.  Woo said she had a lot of fun.

While she was reminiscing about her travels, Woo hit on what she wanted to do with her life here in Pet Paradise:  Woo has decided to become Pet Paradise's first tour guide.  We have many hills, forests, lakes, and even deserts here in Pet Paradise--we have anything we want here!  Being a well-travelled doggie with many road trips under her belt, Woo will be fantastic at this.  I include a pic of Woo (right) when she went out this morning to figure out a good route for her first tour.  (She said that her ticket prices will be reasonable and she will offer that all military families will enjoy the tours free of charge.)

Woo is also going to learn to swim.  That was one thing that she hasn't done yet.  We have a class for that (it's free--don't worry Aunt MonkeyPig).

But there is one thing that Woo and I have very much in common--we love food!  Both of our moms knew this about us and would feed us table scraps.  Yum...  Here in Pet Paradise, the cafeteria is filled with dinner tables and chairs, but we don't sit at the tables.  No, we sit under the tables and among the chair legs.  That's just how we roll in Pet Paradise!

Before I end this transmission, I'd like to give a shout out to my mom and dad!  **flicks tail**

Yours truly,
Sushi

P.S.  Woo brought this picture with her and it's now on the table in the foyer of our apartment.  It shows Woo's mom and younger brother with Woo on a camping trip.

5 comments:

  1. I've also been to Hawaii! I'm quite a good hula dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo and her mom were the best pair to be matched by God. Her mom used to carry her like Scarlett being carried by Rhett Butler up the steep staircase every night while they lived in Ft. Scott so Woo got to sleep with her mom even long after she was a grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo said to Sushi, I tell you a secret, I was very happy because all of my aunties came to visit Mummy and Bayse and I in May. They took me to morning jog by the hill close to my home and we went to the park. I poop in my stroller on our way out of the park and all of my Aunties got together to clean up me. I enjoy every min. of if and, I feel soooo special. I am soooo lucky and loved. Because Mommy knows I don't like to be dirty. I was sitting there and looking at them cleaning my stroller and it was fun. The park ranger even have to delay the closing of the park just for ME......(Pls don't tell my Aunities this, everyone like to feel special including me OK. ) My Mummy even gave me a bath before I came to the paradise so that I will smell good feel comffy and looking good. OK Sushi let's go play............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo said to Sushi, my auntie told me Mummy is getting a new sis for Bay so that he will have someone to play with. That is a good idea. I will be sitting in the TV room and look after them while Mummy is working. Then when Mummy comes home we will have FAMILY dinner all in the TV room. Sushi, do you want to come with me? Sushi: YAP..... Thanks Woo but you can come to my home too... I have 2 sister Let's go.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushi, I tell you another secret... it is my bratty way in showing off to my little brother how special I'm in my mommy's heart... I would just snatch the best piece of food from her plate. The last one I took was the BBQ Lemon grass pork chop from my ma's Com Tam plate. You should have seen her reaction. YAU OI YAU HUN.... but I didn't get any spanking cuz my ma loved me. Not that she love my little bro any less. It is just that once in a while I like to check it out to see if she still loved me..... and everytime, she pass the test with flying color. I feel soooooo good cuz I was much love....

    ReplyDelete