Instructions for Commenting

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere.
3) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.
4) Regular commenters will be included in the Friends of the Warren list.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kashy's Traumatic Childhood Event

A couple nights ago, something traumatic happened to Kashy Boy.  I was sleeping.  I mean, really sleeping.  I was sleeping so hard that I apparently didn't hear a water glass crash to the floor downstairs.  Anyway, around 4:00 a.m., I woke up to find Kashy Boy laying on my chest like he normally does.  But, when I reached up to pet him, I sensed that he was unusually still.  That immediately snapped me out of my semi-dream state.  I felt around him and I didn't feel him purring.  I could just barely feel him breathing.

I woke up Mr. Nonny Nu and we turned on the light.  Kashy had this around his neck and over one shoulder!  Mr. Nonny Nu quickly got Kashy untangled.  After we petted him and reassured him, we went downstairs to investigate.

It turns out that Kashy got into my lunch bag.  Before going to sleep that night, I put the lunch bag, with a piece of bread saran-wrapped in the bag, next to my purse so that I would remember to take it to work the next day.  In the middle of the night, Kashy got into it (he LOVES bags), got tangled in the handle, freaked out, and struggled through the double-sink, across the length of the counter, and fell off the edge while dragging a water glass with him.

I'm just glad that he didn't get cut from the broken glass.  It must have been a struggle for him to get up the stairs and onto the bed.  Poor little boy.  He wasn't himself for a day.  He still isn't completely back to his usual self, but he's getting there.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Kashy Boy, i'm glad you were alert enough to sensed the urgency. Good job W(R)ABBIT :-) wAH tOH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Kashy knew whom to turn to when he is in trouble.......he got the right MOM.

    ReplyDelete